Ameri-Tech Community Management
Updates Regarding Hurricane Ian
This page will be updating frequently over the next few days
9-27-22 at 11:15 AM
*** All Ameri-Tech Offices will be closed starting at 1:00 PM today. We expect to open our offices again on Friday 9/30. Our 24/7 Emergency Services are still available during these times by calling our main number. ***
9-27-22 at 11:00 AM
As expected, Hurricane Ian has strengthened to a major hurricane and headed towards the Tampa Bay area. Severe storm surge is possible along the coasts and mandatory evacuations are underway in Pasco, Pinellas, and Hillsborough counties.
If you are not in an evacuation zone, you should still be preparing for heavy rain, strong winds, and possible power outages:
- Stay indoors during the hurricane and away from windows and glass doors.
- Close all interior doors – secure and brace external doors.
- Keep curtains and blinds closed. Do not be fooled if there is a lull; it could be the eye of the storm – winds will pick up again.
- Take refuge in a small interior room, closet, or hallway on the lowest level.
- Keep your devices and portable chargers with full battery. Have flashlights and lanterns ready.
- Fill empty containers with water
Here are some useful resources provided by Ameri-Tech and the Emergency Management Readiness branch:
Ameri-Tech Hurricane Resources: https://www.ameritechcompanies.com/emergency-management/hurricane-information/
9-26-22 at 11:00 AM
With Hurricane Ian on track to come towards the Tampa Bay Area, we are at a critical point in preparation. Here are some resources to help you prepare, evacuate, or get through the storm:
View the Ameri-Tech EMR Program Brochure in PDF:
Ameri-Tech has a large variety of Emergency Readiness:
We will be shutting all pools down effective immediately in preparation for Hurricane Ian. These pools will be over-chlorinated as part of our Hurricane Prep Procedures anticipating lengthy power outages. All pool pumps will be manually shut off to prevent any damages.
Helpful Tips for Preparation:
- Fill every single container you have with water. For containers without lids, use that water to flush your toilet. For containers with lids, use to drink or cook with.
- Make sure your pets are taken care of.
- We are in a state of emergency, so you have a right to get medications filled early. Contact your pharmacy for more information.
- Prepare your swimming pool by cutting power, cleaning, clearing, and securing your pool area, protecting your pool pump, trimming trees and foliage, adding chlorine, and making sure not to drain the water.
- Flashlights and lanterns are optimal if power goes out. Do not use candles.
- Have important documents within reach or scanned onto a thumb drive, you may need them if you need to file an insurance claim
- Make sure to have a portable radio (battery or crank powered) available to keep up storm news
Please prepare now, there’s still time. check on your neighbors and be safe! We’ll get though this together.